Rory Langbridge Landscape Architects (RLLA) was established in Nelson in 1999. The focus of our practice is on providing site planning and design expertise followed by the preparation of clear contract documents and their successful administration.
Our practice has experience of both large and small sites, working successfully alongside clients and other consultants such as surveyors, architects, civil, electrical, fire and mechanical engineers, irrigation consultants, quantity surveyors and project managers. With this experience, we have an excellent understanding of project workings and constraints in a variety of scales and operating within a design team environment.
We are experienced in producing comprehensive and detailed documentation for site planning and detail design work, leading to contract documentation and contract administration. We are experienced in the undertaking of visual assessment studies and representation as expert witness, in terms of the Resource Management Act, at council hearings and before the Environment Court.
- Work effectively in a design team and work constructively with, and alongside, clients and other team members to achieve superior project outcomes.
- Effectively integrate built structures and landscape to create visual flow and cohesion.
- Assess and analyse land use and other patterns within the wider landscape, with a strong understanding of urban growth and design.
- Identify and resolve site planning and detail design issues in an attractive, cost effective and sustainable manner.
- Prepare comprehensive landscape and visual assessment studies and appear as expert witness at council and Environment Court hearings.
- Undertake Peer reviews
- Prepare landscape maintenance plans and revegetation strategies